About the job
Are you looking to use your Data Engineering skills for social good? Do you thrive in a supportive team that values good work and is willing to challenge the status quo? Dataro is an ethically-minded ‘Data Science-as-a-Service’ startup that uses machine learning to help not-for-profits run more successful fundraising campaigns.
Primary duties include but not limited to:
- Working on a large scale Python + Spark ML Pipeline running on AWS
- Devising strategies and systems to handle larger volumes of data, faster and in for engrossing applications
- Contributing high-quality Python code to a number of systems: ML Pipelines, webapps, CRM integrations and internal tools
In This Role, You’ll Get To
- Work in a team of data scientists and engineers
- Get hands on with a production ML system that produces millions of predictions every day. There are a number of different components of the system (integrations, data pipelines, React App, etc.) and you will be working across all of them.
- Work with cutting edge technology that has a positive impact on the world
On The First Day, We’ll Expect You To Have
- 3+ years professional experience working Python, Pandas, Spark and SQL
- Strong experience with AWS (Batch, Lambda, S3, Boto)
- Strong experience with Docker
- Good analytical skills and knowledge of data quality issues
- Good skills with UNIX shell scripting
It’s Great, But Not Required, If You Have Experience With
- SKLearn, Jupyter Notebooks
- Git, CI/CD, JIRA
- The fundraising and non-profit sector
We are based in Surry Hills and have flexible WFH arrangements. We value a diverse workforce.