Are you looking to use your data skills for social good? Do you thrive in a supportive team that values good work and is willing to challenge the status quo? Dataro is an ethically-minded ‘Data Science-as-a-Service’ startup that uses machine learning to help not-for-profits run more successful fundraising campaigns.
We are looking for somebody with a keen desire to understand patterns in data as well as human behaviour so we can better understand the real world outcomes of our technology and where improvements can be made.
In This Role, You’ll Get To
- Run experiments, generate reports and analyse models that have a real-world impact on charity fundraising.
- Analyse millions of data points to understand how people give to charities.
- Work in a team of data scientists, engineers and analysts and see how machine learning is deployed and used in practice.
On The First Day, We’ll Expect You To Have
- At least 3 years experience in a data analyst (or similar) role
- Strong skills in either R or Python
- Excellent visualisation and reporting skills (e.g., using Markdown or Shiny)
- Understanding of SQL
- A willingness to learn and a creative approach to tricky problems.
It’s Great, But Not Required, If You Have Experience With
- The fundraising and non-profit sector
- R Shiny, R Markdown, Bash, AWS (EC2, Batch, Lambda, S3), HTML/JS
We are based in Sydney and are currently operating remotely due to COVID. While we like being digital we do miss seeing each other and are sometimes in and out of the office, so if selected you will need to be able to commute to Sydney when required. We value a diverse workforce and offer flexible working hours.